Thursday 4 October 2012

Hold me fast 'cause I'm a hopeless wanderer

Different people bring out different sides of a person. 
I find that when I'm around my Columbus friends I am an extroverted introvert. They all have such large personalities that I love to sit on the sidelines and observe. From time to time I join in, but for the most part I am the thinker. The one who often says no to hanging out in favor of sitting alone a coffee shop and devouring my latest literary find (or re-read as is often the case.) 
I like it.
Here I find myself to be an introverted extrovert. I make plans, I talk often, and when I opt for silence the group tends to notice. I am the constant performer  who is always up for another adventure. I rarely say no because I'll miss the fun. I read, yes, but in passing.
And that's okay.
With my closest friends I am an amalgamation of the two. I am both quiet and talkative. I rarely feel the need to put on a show or slip away for solitude because I am granted both in ample proportion. When one of us needs to talk, the other listens. When one of us needs solitude we back away or we plan a day at a bookshop. Not interacting, but providing quiet companionship
 (one of my favorite things).

I'm not sure which group I prefer. The one that grants me solitude or the one that gives me adventure. They each play on the two competing sides of my personality that need equal amounts of sunlight and rain to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment