Thursday 4 October 2012

I miss musical theatre. I miss being surrounded by people who randomly broke into song at the mere semblance of a familiar phrase. I miss being the one who knew the least about musicals, but could hold her own when it came down to singing a fairly well known song. I miss performing, but even more I miss seeing shows performed. I miss falling in love with the actors on stage. I miss the pride of a good performance. I miss the energy that only theater can give.

I love all theater, but there is something so much stronger in a musical. Who doesn't have the moment where they are so overwhelmed that they wish they could burst into song to convey that inner emotion within them...not many? Well, I do and musicals give me that.
The other night I randomly started singing Legally Blonde the Musical and no one around me knew what I was talking about.
That was a first in my book.

I can't wait until December. Les Miserables will be the closest I've been to a musical since Caroline or Change last November. I can't believe it's almost been a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment