Wednesday 24 October 2012

Take my heart. Make it glow...

Father,
I am so incredibly thankful for all the ways you bless me. You surround me with friends who encourage me. You provide me with food, and warmth and comfort. You've placed me in a country where I am free to worship you in my own way, and given me a church that helps me to grow closer to you.  I can never thank you enough. Every day I feel my heart lighten and I know it is your presence chipping away at the darkness that has held me back from you for so long. As my heart grows closer to you, Father, I see my friends' struggles more clearly and it is breaking me. I do not want you to take that burden away. Father, please use me. Continue to break my heart for those that are broken, and give me wisdom to speak to them, to help them,  to point them to you. There is a guilt deep within me when I am happy and they are sad. I do not feel worthy of this happiness, and yet, I know that you had this in your plan for me. Please make it clear to your servant, Lord, but do not let me get in the way. In all that I do, I want to draw them closer to you. In the past, I have been a distraction. In an attempt to help, I stood in your way. Letting them lean on me rather than falling into your loving arms. Father, forgive me and help me to know when I should step away.

So many of my friends are hurting right now. For some I know the reasons, for others I do not know why, but I know in all things you are there. It is as certain as the sun and I praise you.

Use me as you will, Lord. Let me be your moon.

In your precious Son's name I pray

No comments:

Post a Comment