Monday 22 October 2012

The Best Thing

I'm exhausted, but before my brain will let me sleep I had to say a few words of praise to my beautiful savior.
As I drove home tonight Relient K's song "The Best Thing" started playing and I couldn't help, but smile. I serve a God who answers prayers in his perfect perfect time. Sometimes immediately. Sometimes it takes years. Sometimes they go unanswered because he has a better plan in store, but they always happen exactly when they are needed most.
Tonight I got to share the reason behind my love for the night sky with my little brother. He asked why I loved the moon and I explained that it is the perfect perfect picture of what God wants from us. Alone it is nothing, but with the light of the sun it can illuminate the night sky (as it did tonight). In the past when I've talked about God I could see in his eyes that it wasn't connecting, but God used that moment to shine a bit of light into his heart and I couldn't help but to praise him.
My dad listened as I explained the necessity of memorizing scriptures and while he may not have agreed that he should do it he also didn't shut me down for talking so frankly with him. A first!
And he gave me a wonderful night walking under the moon and stars with an incredible friend and sent us on a new adventure together. 

Father you have taught me so much about love and I hope that I can be a reflection of the love that you show me every day. Help me to do all things to bring honor and glory to your name. Shape my heart and make it yours. I am excited for every new step that I take because I know that you are with me.
 Father if you are the sun then I want to be the moon

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment