Saturday 13 October 2012

Unexpected Happiness

Some days I just need to be alone with my thoughts. 
The days of regularly escaping to read (and having a good location to do so) are long gone, and while I have come to accept this it does not change the fact that I am wired to require such escapes.

Yesterday was most certainly one of those days. I could not get the thoughts in my brain to stop turning and tangling around each other and I just need to dive into a good book and escape reality to allow God the time to settle my thoughts. I am also incredibly behind on my 50 book challenge so I kind of just needed space from the world. I'd made plans with a friend to do just that ( I have come to realize that in this particular group of friends it is easier for me to get away with him than on my own. Strange, I know, but there we are.) but those plans fell through. I saw it coming, but I selfishly held onto hope because I knew this was something I needed. When the expected call came I was obviously disappointed (ridiculously so as I was well aware that what he was doing and the people he was with were needed far more than my strange semblance of solitude), but God immediately intervened. Giving me a new outlet for the almost solitude that I needed. Rather than being placed in a large group setting, he gave me two lovely friends and one of the most adorable 2 year old boys I have ever met. (His name is Emerson and he did not leave my side until his mother came to pick him up! Talk about feeling incredibly loved). There are a million things I would rather write about than a simple post on my day, but I am so incredibly thankful at the way God works in my life. He has given me such wonderful friends and opportunities to grow in Him.

I have a tendency to get caught up in my own mind. To feel forgotten, unimportant, and unloved (especially when I am disappointed by my friends), but God reminds me that none of these things are true and that he holds me in his everlasting embrace. I am wholly safe in his arms.

I couldn't be happier.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you you for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ then I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment