Friday 19 April 2013

never fails

Sometimes I need God to smack me in the face. To drop me on the floor when vanity mingles with pride and insecurity. To remind me that I am an imperfect human navigating through a broken world with a perfect God to guide me.
I get caught up in myself, but I was given a heart to touch the broken. I want to change the world, but I hide in a corner of fear. But then God whispers to my heart and reminds me of my place.
He reminds me that the girl who is difficult to love needs it all the more. He shows me that the boy I do not understand is worthy of my patience because I was unworthy of love, but He loved me, and though I stray He is patient with me always.

Father, I ask that you lead me. Take my heart fully and make it wholly new, wholly yours. Align me with your testimonies.Give me life in your ways alone, Lord and let me see this broken world through your eyes. Let me love as you love. Keep me from the temptations of pride and remind me that the only good within me comes from you. Only you, Father. Without you I am a wreck. Thank you for your grace, and for saving this broken life.

No comments:

Post a Comment