Monday 6 May 2013

Lately

I have felt as though I am floundering.
I have a thousand things racing through my head constantly and an overwhelming desire to write, and yet when I attempt to formulate those thoughts into coherent sentences all that comes out is silence.

I want God to speak truths into my heart. I want to feel my thoughts align with His, but I am so overwhelmingly flawed by my own pride. I get in the way of God and nothing seems to make sense.

Sometimes I feel as though people look to me for some profound insight into their hearts. To enlighten their walk with God as if I were more in tune with what He is saying to them, but when I listen all I hear is the noise of my selfishness screaming.

Father,
"Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander [that] my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior"
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment