Wednesday 29 May 2013

Without words

I think we place far too much importance on words.
This seems a strange statement to be made from a girl who always keeps a book or 2 on her person, but I still believe it to be true. Oh, words are a beautiful way of expressing ourselves, but without actions, without truth, they are empty. It is our actions that give meaning to our words. They breathe a life into them that mere lettering alone cannot do.When I tell you I love you, I want you to be able to smile and say, "I know." because my every action has already made this clear. When I am happy or sad, confused or intrigued, my face gives me away before I have the chance to verbalize these emotions.

Is the same not true of our faith? We are called to be a light into the darkness, and yet so many of us fall into the mode of being "normal." We blend, we do not stand out and I am the greatest culprit. The greatest desire of my heart is to be so in tuned with God that without words I scream his praise. I fail every single day at this, allowing the my worldly weariness to overwhelm me, but oh when He shines what a glorious moment.

I am often afraid of what the future holds. I fear myself, and I fear those around me. I stumble blindly through the darkness, but with God by my side and his word as a light I am able to climb above. I am able to shine and to see and if I light a a candle in my heart it will eventually shine brightly enough for the whole world to see.

That is my prayer.

Father, shine through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment