Wednesday 26 June 2013

Where my hope restarts...

Sometimes I miss it.
Grace.
I get blinded by the world, by my own pride and insecurities.
I wrap myself into a ball and attempt to retreat
But sometimes God says no.
He gently pulls me out of myself, brushes me off, and says, "Look closer."

And when I open my eyes he floods me with love.
He takes me out with a friend who reminds me that she is always there to pray for me.
That her love is a mirror of his own, not contigent upon my actions, but simply love.
He drops me into the arms of a group of friends, genuinely excited to share a meal with me.
Beautiful prayers, dances, conversations about his majesty and wonder in our lives.
He introduces a new friend who, through His love, instantly connects with me.
He shows me the intricate way he has weaved our lives together and I am reminded that the increase in faith I have been praying for he has already answered. He has shown me his love in ways greater than I could imagine, greater than I deserve, and I neglected to see it as enough.
What I saw was one prayer unanswered. 
What I felt was one pang of heart that distracted me so simply from the beauty before me.
But he gently whispered, "Be patient, my child. I love you."


And where I failed. Where I struggled, he made something beautiful.
And he re-opened my eyes to who I was. To how easy it is to slip back into myself.
The desire to please, seeking comfort outside of his arms, the inability to trust him.
He has given me a million second chances, but he also whispered, "Remember it is not you.It's me."
On my own I would crumble. I would give in to temptation. I would be an absolute mess, but he picks me up, he brushes me off and works in my heart. He surrounds me with people who love him.
He shows me the beauty of patience. He shows me the depth of love (especially when it is hard for me to believe).

He shows me that he is enough. All I need. All I will ever truly need. Forever.

Thank you, Father.


Fragments of brokenness salvaged by the art of grace. 
You craft life from our mistakes. 
Black skies of my regrets outshone by this kindness. 
New life dawns over my soul.
Oh, your cross it changes everything. 
There my world begins again with you. 
Oh your cross it's where my hope restarts.
 A second chance is heaven's heart.

Countless second chances we've been given at the cross!

1 comment: