Wednesday 28 August 2013

I'll follow You with my heart

What if when I say, "I trust you, Lord."
I actually did it?
I said no matter what happens
If I can't find my way
If my dreams are lost
If my heart is broken
I'll trust you. I'll follow you.
What if rather than trying to "hear" God's will
(and ultimately just hearing my own and superimposing God onto it)
I read his word and trusted his promise to be with me?
What if rather than clinging so desperately to what I desired I actually let go
so he could open whatever doors he had for me?

What if when things seemed impossible
a world away
I trusted anyway because I serve a God who moves mountains?
who raises the dead
who heals the sick
the broken
the lost
who loves with a love that I can neither fathom nor hold
who is the only one worthy to be praised?

What if I accepted that I am so small
so insignificant
so utterly flawed and yet
so loved by the creator of the beautiful universe
the glorious sunrises and sunsets
the breathtaking mountains
and lived my life accordingly?

What if I followed God for no other reason than because he is worthy?
What if I truly took that leap?

Here I stand, Father.
At the edge of this precipice,
I don't know what is below
but I trust you

whatever the cost
whether it works out or not
I'll follow You
I'll follow You
I'll follow You with my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment