Thursday 6 September 2012

Sometimes I feel like God is flirting with me

I do not mean this to sound conceited.  I in no way feel worthy of this attention from him, but that is part of what makes it so beautiful. I do not deserve him and yet he loves me. No one knows my heart like the one who created it. He knows my every thought. My hidden joys and fears. He understands me better than I understand myself and sometimes I think he likes to show me that. Today the clouds looked like they'd come straight out of a cartoon. When I was a child, I always described heaven as a cartoon. It was a place where anything was possible and I still find myself dreaming about it in that way. When the clouds look like cartoons it always reminds me of that. I also have an affinity for sunshowers. It is my favorite type of weather because it seems out of place. A beautifully clear day with rain! Today, I got both of them and I couldn't stop smiling. My heart was racing and I laughed and cried.

How wonderful to be loved and pursued by a God who knows me fully and still desires me!


No comments:

Post a Comment