Tuesday 11 September 2012

When your dreaming with a broken heart

A co-worker of mine is going through a divorce. I cannot imagine how that must feel to him, but from the outside looking in all I see is heartache. It shows in many ways, arrogance,anger, apathy, but at the heart of each of his mood swings is an indescribable pain. I've tried sharing God's word with him. Particularly Psalms, but when  a person is that broken words seem like nothing more than scratches on a page. He reads them, but his heart is so hardened nothing only God can truly penetrate. Sometimes I'll hear him talking in the other room and my eyes literally well up with tears at the thought.
 Divorce is a horrible thing.
It is the ripping away of self. And, yet, it is so prevalent in our society. 
What does that say for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment