Sunday 16 September 2012

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder

I don’t believe them.
Absence does nothing for the heart.
You can fool yourself into thinking that your affections for another have grown
You can find that you appreciate what you have lost
You can do or say whatever you like to convince yourself
But the truth is that all absence does is point out what you are missing
So if, in their absence, you realize how much you cared for another
Chances are those feelings were already there you just chose to ignore them
If absence  makes you second guess
Chances are your affections were never quite as genuine as you believed
I do not love my best friend more because she is far away
I only appreciate the physical closeness we once shared more than I did at the time it was at my ready disposal.
We can no longer meet up for coffee on a daily basis so the times that we do are more precious.
Not because I care more, but because they are not as frequent.
Does this make sense?
That being said, I do not think absence makes your heart any less fond either.
What a conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment