Sunday 4 November 2012

but what good do "what ifs" do?

I am incredibly guilty of self deprecating.
Things in my life start going well, and I am thankful.
Then my thoughts become twisted and I think of myself as undeserving.
Harmful because when was I ever deserving of the beautiful things God has given me?

As Christians it is easy to get caught up in this mode of thinking because we are aware of our flaws and our need for a savior, but we fool ourselves into thinking that the moment we accept Jesus into our hearts everything immediately changes. For some that is the case. God rocks them and shapes them and that is beautiful, and for others, like myself, it is a daily mending. Daily he changes my heart and shapes me into the person he wants me to be. This is also beautiful, but sometimes I miss that. I love looking back on my life and seeing what a remarkable difference a day makes in my life with Jesus. I am never the same as I was yesterday. Each day is new. Sometimes I forget that the wrong paths I have taken in this life were really the right paths to lead me to ultimate forgiveness. Had I not stumbled so frequently would I have been able to truly fall down and say I cannot climb out of this hole on my own?
Thank you Father for your unending grace. For loving and changing me every moment of every day. For sending your beautiful and perfect son to die for me that I might one day die to myself and love as you love. Live as you would have me to live. You never promised me an easy path, but you promised to never leave nor forsake me. Thank you. I give you all of my praise and I hope that I never forget that your love is all that I need in this life and the next.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment