Wednesday 9 January 2013

goals

I do not believe in new year's resolutions. I know myself well enough to understand that a new year is not a good enough reason for me to make a goal to change something in my life. I have been in a constant state of transformation for the past few months and while I would love to say that this will carry on forever I also know that at some point I will plateau and become a big stagnant...and I think that is alright. I randomly tell myself that there are certain things I will do more of (like take pictures!) and then I never do so....fail.
Last year I did set a goal to read 50 books. On paper I fell short by 3. In reality I met that goal by re-reading quite a few books. This year I plan to read 42 books. Why less? Because I know that I can comfortably read that many and have time to re-read as many as I like without falling short. I want to journal more so that my writing doesn't come off as a ramble and has more structure. I want to be less selfish and prideful (which means I want to always be praying and to truly become humble). These are not my goals for the year, however. They are small goals for my life.

I do have one goal for the year: I want to leave the country again.
Even if it is just to Canada or Mexico I want to see something new and to sate my wanderlust.

Note: If I did make new year's resolutions I'd be failing. I haven't journaled at all this year and I am attempting to read 3 books at once. Change is a gradual process.

No comments:

Post a Comment