Saturday 2 March 2013

to see the lights

"Always remember you deserve someone who will take you to see the lights."
a friend of mine wrote this on a card to me.
She meant it as a reference to Tangled--her favorite movie--I took it as a heartfelt reminder from God to never settle.
If He was willing to lay His life down for me, then why would I settle for marrying anyone who does not strive to do the same for me?
My dreams are big.
My passions are many, but the only thing I truly require is time.
Someone who wants to be around me even if all we are doing is reading.
Someone who will take me on adventures with him to see the world.
Someone who appreciates the beauty of silence.

I've gotten glimpses and maybe marriage is not in the cards for me.
But if it is, I will settle for nothing less than the lights.

This I promise you, Father because you made me for more.

Even though they are hot air balloons this picture makes me think of Tangled :) I did not take this picture...if you did tell me so that I might give you credit?


No comments:

Post a Comment