Friday 8 March 2013

Your love is our song

Yesterday I had the wonderful opportunity of recording a few songs with my church's praise team Ignite Next Generation (You can check out our tumblr page here!) It was a very exciting experience for me as I watched take after take in an attempt to find the perfect version of the songs. When people lacked confidence it showed in their voices. When we forgot about the words and focused only on just worshiping it became something wholly other. Something beautiful, and I found myself wondering if this was similar to what God does in our hearts? We get so focused on doing the right thing that we lose confidence in him, but he continues to allow us to try again in hopes of a better product. Tweaking the notes and encouraging us to just lose ourselves in him. The moment we do. The moment we forget about the things that make us nervous and just trust the words of the One who is guiding us we become something wholly other. Something beautiful.

After we had finished recording for the night Katie's daughter, Emmie, came in. I love that little girl. She is just a ball of energy! When she saw me she leapt (literally) into my arms and then flung herself backwards. Trusting me to catch her. Her mom asked her to show me a back flip and without hesitation she rolled off of my lap, onto the floor and started tumbling around the room. It was hilarious! I love watching children play. I especially love to see them with their parents because the amount of blind trust they place in them is inspiring. If we could only do that with our heavenly father who assures us that he loves us more (Matthew 7:7-11) We need only ask and genuinely trust him. Throughout the gospels Jesus comments on faith. It is by the faith of the Centurion that his son is healed (Matthew 8:5-13) It is by persistent faith of the Syrophoenician woman that her daughter is healed (Mark 7:24-30). Jesus is astounded by their childlike faith and as I watched Emmie continually leap into her father's arms, trusting him to catch her I said a prayer asking for the faith to do the same. To leap without fear and know that my Father will always be there to catch me.


"...and may the glory of Your name be the story of our hearts that the world will see the light of You coming out of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment