Sunday 17 March 2013

Above all else

Lately I have felt this strange disconnect to the world that I know. Things are not quite what they seem. My goals and ambitions seem altered and my thoughts are preoccupied with loftier things. I often find that after a time I feel this way in each place and it is generally the sign for a new adventure, but at present I feel God telling me to be still. To simply trust him, and so I wait because if I know one thing in this life it is that God is good.

Recently I watched a video that broke my heart. The degradation of truth and the lack of a desire for knowledge in my nation seems to have hit an all time high. I was astounded and immediately started to write about it, but the post remains unfinished. I cannot bring myself to fully express the truths I have learned.
The fact that it is difficult, however, gives me greater motivation to write. How strange the human mind is.

Tonight I watched God move in the life of a friend. He gave him the clarity to call us when he was in need that we might get him to the hospital and the help that the needed. While sitting in the waiting room at the hospital I had a humbling calm wash over me. There is so much in this life that I do not understand. So much that my prideful nature is inclined to judge and to become angry over, but that is never the answer. The things that I do not understand in others may not be for me to know. That is their story. The things that I do not understand in myself are the things that God is working out. The things that I do not understand about God and this world will be revealed to me when He sees fit.

Above all else I must cling to this one truth: God is good. He is sovereign, and he loves me and that is truly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment