Friday 15 November 2013

A letter to an unbeliever

Dear ____,


I don’t want to talk about it any more. Our differences of faith. Not with words at least. I want my greatest apologetic to you to not be my quick wit and clever responses, but my love for you and those around me. I want you to see inside of my heart and to wonder how I love the way that I do—with a heavy load, but a light heart because I do not carry it alone. I want you to heap your heartaches upon me. I want to hear about your every problem and trust the wisdom of my God to guide my words to lighten your own load as well. I apologize for those who act under the guise of the church. Who swindle money, who care nothing for the poor and helpless of the world, who are so arrogantly concerned about themselves that they care nothing for the people upon whom they step to achieve the power they so desperately seek. I'm sorry for the way that they've hurt you. The way that they've hurt your family. I promise you, these actions do not align with the God that I follow. They commit crimes wearing his clothes, but they are not him. I want you to see that. I warn you now that I am no better. I’m really not. My spirit, however, does desire to good above all else. I am human and I stumble, I fail often, but I will never stop trying. I hope you see that. I will never stop loving you. So I don’t want to talk about it--not all of the time. I want you to see.

But when you want to talk, when the time for  questions does arise I’m here for that too, but don't actions speak a million times louder than words?

Love always,
India

No comments:

Post a Comment