Sunday 30 September 2012

Random Post: Take Two

1. I am so incredibly thankful for my church family. My pastors are knowledgeable. They admit their flaws and they cling to the truth of the Gospel. They challenge their congregation to investigate for themselves and to live audaciously for Jesus. I love them so much.
2. I got to talk to Pastor Mike about Joel tonight and it made me feel so much better than I imagined. Realizing it was the anniversary of his death was heart wrenching, but knowing that I have people beside me--even though they were not impacted by that loss--means a lot to me.
3. Pastor Mike and I also talked a bit about how ridiculously sad it is that Christians feel the need to shun anyone who struggles with homosexuality. We discussed how we all struggle with our own sins and that by not loving someone because their sin is different than our own we are essentially not being "Christ-like".
4.I miss food. I am not a fan of being sick and throwing up everything I eat (or at least getting nauseous even if I don't actually throw up).
5. I love singing praises for God and there is something about singing with a band that makes it more personal...even though I think it should have the opposite effect.
6. I am so thankful that Mumford & Sons album came out when it did. I can already see how God and I are going to have some very intimate moments with these songs as another difficult anniversary approaches.
7. I am also thankful that I have this opportunity to try my hand at song writing! It is an area I have always kind of wanted to dabble in and now I have the chance.
8. I'm thankful for the moon, the beach and friends who make memories that last.
9. I miss the boys and I am ready for them to come back.
10. Joanna will be here in less than a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment