Thursday 27 September 2012

Random Thoughts: First Edition

The past few days have been pretty great. 
  1. For starters, God has given me a pretty awesome accountability partner. I'm excited to dive into Psalms with her and to encourage each other as we memorize scripture and grow closer to God.
  2. My church started it's Saturday night services. I thoroughly enjoyed the first night and look forward to the future! I know that any bit of musical talent that I have comes from God. Often when I sing I cannot explain how or why I know which notes to sing. It just happens. I am so excited to have this opportunity to wholly give back to him the thing which he has undeservedly given to me.
  3. Joanna comes in 7 days! When I say I miss my best friend and can use an excuse to read children's books, watch Disney films, read, knit, and explore together that is an understatement!
  4. The guys should be returning fairly soon. It is a tad ridiculous how much I miss them!
  5. My heart has been so heavy lately. Filled with thoughts of Joel and Shea. I had to physically fight back the tears at work the other day as I realized that Sunday will make it a year since I lost Joel. I see his beautiful smile so often in my dreams. It breaks my heart to know that I will never see it in person again....Much longer post about this coming soon..
  6. I finished reading Redeeming Love and I highly recommend that everyone read it at least once. It's a very easy, yet powerful story of God's unfailing love. As with all of the books he has placed in my life, particularly this year, it came exactly when I needed it.
  7. Mumford & Sons new album Babel is out and they have solidified themselves as one of my favorite bands. 
  8. An old friend asked me to be in a "Mumford & Sons/Swell Season-esque" band for him. He wants to practice his hand at production and I cannot tell you how honored I was that he chose me. I have very little confidence in my musical ability so it is the epitome of flattery.
  9. I am craving a random epic adventure. I think I will visit my friend Robin in Orlando soon...
  10. My commitment to write every day has wavered only because I experienced my first taste of food poisoning. Yuck. I pray I never go through that again.


No comments:

Post a Comment