Sunday 18 November 2012

something more

I think it is absolutely fascinating the way that we are wired.
We have this desire for connection. You see it everywhere from social media to the television programs we watch. People desire connections. We mistakenly assume that this connection is something that we can get from man, but it is not. I think that need for connection is something we can only get from God, but it is also something that we will not fully have until we are joined with him in heaven. God gives us human relationships to gain some semblance of what life will be like in heaven. I understand the craving. I often yearn for someone I can truly connect with. Someone who listens. Who does not make me feel insecure, second guessing my every move. I throw up my walls, but I would love to have them shaken. I know that God has someone like this in store for me, but he wants me to be still. He wants me to wait on his perfect timing, and he has given me glimpses of what that person could be like, and while it is all so beautiful it pales in comparison to the day when I can meet my savior face to face. 
I must remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment