Saturday 19 January 2013

beautiful simplicity

I went to Savannah today with two friends. We roamed the city with no set purpose or plan and I adored it. There is something lovely about enjoying a place for merely existing. About taking a moment to just take in the beauty of something new. I had been to that city before, but there was so much that I had never seen. Never appreciated. I loved taking a second to look at the unseen.
Do you ever find yourself noticing something that you have overlooked? A certain way your loved one smiles or a sentence in your favorite book or song that takes on new meaning with a second glance? I love how vast our world is. Filled with things that we will never understand because they are always changing.

Noticing the beauty of the simplicity of a hug or a smile or the holding of one's hand.
It makes each day brighter. I rejoice in the simple things.











No comments:

Post a Comment